Saturday, April 09, 2016

Tuna Pan Bagnat

First of all, let's discuss Cookie Monday this week. I made Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies again and people enjoyed them. Yum! There's a good picture on the original post, but here's one from this week:

cookies

Now I will tell you about a sandwich I made this week. The farmer's market has officially opened, so I bought a great baguette and of course had to have a sandwich. I had everything I needed to make this tuna sandwich, so I did! You make all the components, stuff it into the bread, and then wrap it up for awhile to let everything blend together.

Here is my wrapped sandwich.

sandwich

I have made similar recipes before and really enjoyed it. I really liked this one, too. I would make this again.

sandwich

Tuna Pan Bagnat
Cooking Light, March 2009

1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped pitted nicoise olives
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces premium tuna, packed in oil, drained
1 hard-cooked large egg, chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces whole-wheat French bread baguette
1 garlic clove, halved
1 cup thinly sliced plum tomato (about 1)

Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine basil and oil; stir with a whisk. Cut bread in half horizontally. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Rub cut sides of garlic clove over cut sides of bread; discard garlic. Drizzle basil mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Spoon tuna mixture on bottom half of baguette. Arrange tomato slices over tuna mixture. Cover with top half of baguette. Wrap filled baguette in plastic wrap, and let stand for 20 minutes. Cut filled baguette into 4 (3-inch) equal portions.

Serves 4

No comments: