Sunday, April 03, 2016

Strawberry Dump Cake

Last weekend, my friends decided that we were going to have a cookout at my house, because I am the only one with a grill. Everyone showed up with stuff to barbecue, snacks, guac, and drinks. I decided to make a cake at the last minute, so I picked this ridiculously easy cake recipe. I still have a bunch of strawberries in the freezer from the farm and from my garden last summer, so I used those.

This did not turn out how I'd expected, but it still tasted good. If we call it a "cobbler" rather than a "cake," it's a little bit more acceptable. In theory, the liquid from the strawberries is supposed to mix with the cake mix and create a cake. It doesn't quite work like that. Not really sure why. But, it was a tasty and worked well as a last-minute dessert.

Sorry for this picture. I was hungry.

cake

Strawberry Dump Cake
Magnificent Mayhem

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
Frozen Strawberries (slightly thawed)
1 Stick Butter (OR 1 can of Diet 7up to make it lighter)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Soften the butter either by leaving it out for a little bit or by sticking it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. You don't want to completely melt it-just soften it.

Mix the dry cake mix with the butter. (Or pour about 3/4 of the can of diet soda in a bowl with the cake mix.) Mix with a fork until crumbly.

Place strawberries in a greased baking dish.

Pour cake/butter mixture over berries evenly. (Note: The amount of strawberries and the size of dish you use is determined by your preferred strawberry to cake ratio.)

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. (Note: Baking time varies, depending on how thawed the strawberries were.)

No comments: