Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Mocha Almond Fudge Cookies

I almost made something different for Cookie Monday, but I'm glad I didn't. These were super simple chocolate cookies with the addition of cinnamon-toasted almonds. I slightly underbaked them for a fudgy, soft cookie. The feedback I received all day yesterday was the following: "These are the best cookies you've ever made."

Well, OK. That's a heavy claim, but it's not wrong. This is a really, really great cookie. I bet they'd make good ice cream sandwiches, or chopped up in some homemade ice cream. Or just eaten in mass quantities while you're making more. Yum!

cookie

Mocha Almond Fudge Cookies
How Sweet Eats

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped almonds
1 cup chocolate chips

Add chopped almonds and cinnamon to a saucepan and toast over low-medium heat. Watch them the entire time and occasionally shake the pan to move them around. This takes less than 10 minutes.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips and almonds. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. {I baked for 9.}

Yield: It's supposed to make 30 cookies but I got 55. Unsure how, but I did!

No comments: