Monday, November 09, 2015

Apple Cider Cookies

A couple weeks ago I visited Clyde's Cider Mill in Old Mystic CT with my boyfriend and have been on a little apple cider kick since then. I'm finally in the mood for it to really be fall, so might as well embrace all the apple and cinnamon. (Still not so much on the pumpkin.)

SO the big secret in these cookies is that the apple flavor comes from a packet of apple cider mix. They're like 75 cents at the grocery store in the drink aisle. I used this one from Mott's because it's what my grocery store carried. Fine. The other secret is the cinnamon chips. I don't know why anyone would use butterscotch, as mentioned in the recipe. Cinnamon all the way.

And then they're rolled in cinnamon and sugar like a little snickerdoodle! Amazing. I made the cookies fairly small, so I got about 4 dozen cookies. Everyone seemed to like them a lot! I thought they were delicious. Very appley. Very cinnamony. Yum! I would make these again.

cinnamon

Apple Cider Cookies
The Three-Bite Rule

1 cup butter
6 tbsp sugar
1 individual serving size packet hot cider
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups butterscotch or cinnamon chips
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter, sugar, cider mix, vanilla, milk, and salt.

Add flour in and mix until well combined.

Mix in chips by hand.

Roll cookie dough in 1-inch balls into mixed cinnamon and sugar.

Bake 9 minutes and let cool on cooling racks.

No comments: