Monday, July 13, 2015

Best M&M Cookies

You know, I thought this was an exciting new pudding cookie recipe using M&Ms, but after I made them, I realized it's exactly the same as all the other ones I've made. Well, not exactly. It's different from this one (also for M&M pudding cookies). But it's close enough. And the cookies taste exactly the same. Always delicious and puffy and nicely textured. But I wish it had been slightly different for a little something new. I'll need to start getting more adventurous with my baking again soon!

cookies

Best M&M Cookies
Cookies & Cups

3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups mini M&Ms, plus 1/4 cup more for garnish

Preheat oven to 350°

In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and brown sugar, beating until combined.

Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in vanilla pudding, baking soda and salt.

Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in vanilla pudding, baking soda and salt.

Stir in M&Ms.

Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges begin to golden.

Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling

Store airtight for up to 3 days

Yield: 24 large cookies (I doubled it & made the cookies smaller, and got about 6-7 dozen)

No comments: