Saturday, June 20, 2015

Two Potato and Beet Hash with Poached Eggs

First of all, I want to share this link with you in case you have joined a CSA (or just are adventurous at the grocery store) and don't know what to do with the weird vegetables you get.

Things To Do With Confusing CSA Vegetables

So, the other night I made a full meal using almost entirely items from my CSA (not counting pantry items, like olive oil). I made Two Potato and Beet Hash with Poached Eggs and Greens. I modified it a little to accommodate what I had available. IT WAS SO GREAT. I loved it the first time, and I love it again. I made extra potatoes and beets so I could eat them as leftovers, and that was a wonderful idea.

So here's what I made:
beets

I added some garlic scapes to the beets and eggs instead of garlic cloves because I have tons of garlic scapes. I didn't use a sweet potato, instead using just all regular potatoes. I used the beet greens, tossed with some red leaf lettuce and arugula, to make the little salad. Every single thing, including the eggs, came from the CSA - with the exception of the sage, which came from my own garden. It was amazingly delicious and I'm so proud of it. The CSA is such a great way to get me cooking and being creative again. I love it.

No comments: