Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Baked Eggs with Ricotta and Kale

OK first I'm going to tell you about Cookie Monday. This week I made Soft-Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies again and they were bomb. I love them so much. They weren't quite as puffy as the first time, and I'm not sure why. But still amazing. I doubled the recipe and got 94 cookies. I froze some of them so I can make them again in the future with minimal effort. Love it. Here's my kitchen with all the cookies:

cookies

OK but now I want to show you the baked eggs.

eggs

I made this for myself for breakfast this weekend. This is a real photo that I took of my real breakfast in my real house. I'm almost as proud of the photo as I am of the food. This was SO GOOD. It was really easy too, because you just dump it all in a bowl and throw the bowl in the oven.

I used eggs and kale from the CSA. I also used garlic scapes instead of garlic. This was just excellent. I will definitely make it again.

Baked Eggs with Ricotta and Kale
Julie's Jazz

10 oz chopped kale
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup ricotta
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
4 large eggs
1/4 cup grape tomatoes (chopped or sliced) (about 6)
Kosher Salt and fresh ground Pepper (to taste)
Cooking spray

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place two small oven safe bowls on the oven as it heats.

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the kale and sauté over medium high until wilted down and soft. Add garlic and a little salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp each).

In a small mixing bowl stir to combine the ricotta, feta, lemon peel, and a pinch of salt and pepper (about 1/8 tsp. each).

When oven is hot remove bowls and place them on a cookie sheet.

Divide the kale in half and fill each bowl with the kale. Make two wells in each bowl of kale and crack an egg into each well (2 eggs per bowl). Divide the cheese mixture in half and dot each kale-egg bowl with the cheese.

Bake the eggs for 20 to 25 minutes (until eggs are cooked to your liking and cheese has started to brown).

Top the bowls with the tomatoes.

Yield: 2 servings

No comments: