Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Slutty No-Carb Pasta

That's the title that came with the recipe. I didn't name it that. I have no idea what makes these "zoodles" slutty. Maybe because they're easy? Because they are really simple to make. Remember I bought that spiralizer last month? I've been spiralling up some zucchinis fairly often. The other day I tried this recipe. It's pretty simple. I took the leftovers for lunch the next day. I added some feta cheese and pine nuts. I don't think I would make it again, but it was pretty good.

zoodles

Slutty No-Carb Pasta
Adapted from The Londoner

3 zucchinis
Anchovies or anchovy paste
2 cloves garlic
1 handful capers
1 handful pitted black olives
Chili flakes
1 can diced tomatoes
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese (and/or feta)

Heat a pan over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Crush two cloves of garlic into the oil. Add 3 or 4 anchovies. The anchovies should start to disintegrate in the oil ad the garlic gently brown and soften. Add a sprinkle of chili flakes to the oil. Roughly chop up the olives and capers and add them in too. Give it all a good stir and fry for a minute.

Add your canned tomatoes. Let it all bubble away, stirring now and then for a few minutes. Set aside to cool.

Using a spiralizer or mandolin attachment, cut your zucchini into ribbons. Toss into the sauce and heat through. Serve with fresh Parmesan.

Yield: 2 servings

No comments: