Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Crack Cake

We had a barbecue this past weekend and I wanted to make a really exciting cake, but I reallllly did not want to put in much effort because I was already making so much food. In some magical twist, I had ALL of the ingredients available to make this cake. It's super easy. Mix everything together, dump it in a bundt pan, bake it for an hour. Then as soon as it's out, pour melted butter & white wine over it. It'll bubble and sizzle, like this:

cake

Then the liquid will soak evenly into the entire cake, and then you dump it out and you have the best cake EVER.

cake

The cinnamon flavor is strong, the wine flavor is not. It's amazing. I promise. I will make this again. Also, I used my Williams-Sonoma Nordic Ware Bundt Cake Pan, which I love love love.

Crack Cake
It's The Little Things via Pinterest

1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 box vanilla pudding instant mix
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup white wine

For the topping:
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup white wine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the above ingredients by hand or hand mixer.

Grease a bundt pan.

Pour into pan.

Bake for one hour.

When cake comes out of the oven, melt 1 stick butter into 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup wine.

Pour over hot cake.

Cool. Flip out of pan onto plate and serve.

No comments: