Monday, February 02, 2015

Wine Gummies

I am not a wine connoisseur. I am one of those people who divides wine into Red or White. To make these gummies, I used "red." And when I say "gummies," what I really mean is "Jello shots made with wine." I couldn't find unflavored gelatin, so I picked up a box of blackberry Jello mix and then omitted the stevia and maple syrup.

So basically I barely followed this recipe at all.

They weren't "gummies," and ended up setting up like a traditional Jello shot. I made them in an 8x8 pan and then dumped them out on a serving tray, but the squares broke apart and it was just a pile of wine Jello. BUT THEY WERE DELICIOUS! And isn't that the most important thing?

gummies
{I'm sorry this picture is so awful. I'd already eaten some of the gummies, and also they didn't keep their shape when I dumped them out of the pan.}

Wine Gummies
Thrive Style via Pinterest

1 cup wine
4 tablespoons gelatin
1/2 teaspoon stevia
2-4 tablespoons maple syrup

In a saucepan, warm the wine on LOW heat. Add the gelatin one tablespoon at a time, and stir very well before adding more. After the gelatin has completely dissolved, add the other ingredients.

Once your mixture is ready, either use a spoon to fill a mold or dump the whole batch into a pan (for square cut gummies).

Put them in the fridge to set for at least 2-3 hours prior to serving. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or slice into squares. (Or dump them on a table like I did.)

No comments: