Monday, February 02, 2015

Super Bowl 2015

Last night we threw our second annual Super Bowl party. I made a lot of edible alcohol treats, while my gentleman took care of the carnivores. Although I did bust out my surgical gloves and make a batch of Sideline Smokies again. I'll get to that.

So I just blew up my blog posting all the new recipes I made for the Super Bowl. I figured I should collect them all in one place, along with the other recipes I've posted in the past.

party
This is what our table looked like before I finished putting all the food out. That table in the back corner is why all my photos were SO TERRIBLE. I'm sorry, guys. I really am. But it was worth it! I had so much fun.

So here's what we served:

*Vegetable tray
*Doritos
*Fried chicken (gentleman's own recipe)
*Pulled pork in the crockpot (gentleman's own recipe - see this post regarding his recipe-free cooking), served with pickles, peppers, coleslaw, homemade barbecue sauce (again, his own recipe), and rolls
*Sideline Smokies
*Texas Caviar with tortilla chips
*Buffalo Chicken Dip, brought by our buddy (sorry I don't have a recipe)
*Beer & Cheese Dip
*Wine Gummies
*Cake Shots
*Cupcake Pudding Shooters
*Blondies that our friend brought
*A bowl of Skittles in honor of Marshawn Lynch
*MANY BEVERAGES

The smokies, Texas Caviar, and pulled pork were easily the most popular of the foods. The guests who were here last year went straight to the football-shaped crockpot to eat the smokies, since they remembered them from last year.

I have no idea how many people were here but it was at least 16. It was so much fun! And for next year's party, I'll make sure we have more warm foods because I think there were too many cold dishes. I also wish I'd made some kind of hot cider or Sangria since it was snowing! Stuff to keep in mind for next year. AND MAYBE THE EAGLES WILL FINALLY MAKE IT NEXT YEAR! Just kidding that won't happen. :(

No comments: