Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls

I mentioned in my previous post that I've started bringing lunch to work again. Everything has been so busy that for the past year+ I haven't had time to eat lunch on most days. I eat a big breakfast and then snack in the afternoon, but I'm trying to reset my metabolism and eat better in the middle of the day. SO I must bring lunch.

I did a lot of research on Pinterest about bringing healthy lunches. I also ordered some adorable little bento box containers off of Amazon, so I can take my lunches in proper portion sizes each day. Here is my first box:

box
We've got some hibachi fried rice (link above), some smoked teriyaki tofu, a little silicone cupcake holder full of edamame (see the little packing tricks I found on Pinterest?!), and these peanut butter balls.

In anticipation of bringing my lunch each day, I made a big batch of these peanut butter balls. I figured they would provide a nice "dessert" but still help boost my energy. They are SO easy to make and they are really, really good. I am going to make these again for future lunches and snacks!

balls

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
Adapted from Pink Oatmeal

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Form into 1" balls. Refrigerate. You can also freeze them if you want to make a large batch at once.

No comments: