Monday, February 02, 2015

Neato Frito Overstuffed Burritos

I made this awhile ago and completely forgot to post about it - partially because I forgot to take a picture. I do have a photo of the assembly process, which I took for my friend Denise and not even for the purpose of this blog. Oops.

Then, I discovered my gentleman had used the last of the burrito-size tortillas making a breakfast burrito. Thankfully, we still had a package of soft taco tortillas, so instead of one big burrito, I made a bunch of tiny ones.

So when I made these, I did not use pulled pork, obviously, because I'm Lauren. I did use everything else, though. They were definitely overstuffed and fell apart easily, even in foil, but that's my own fault. These were very good. The addition of ranch dressing and barbecue sauce was interesting. But what I really took from this is: Fritos are excellent in burritos. I wouldn't stick to this recipe in the future, but I definitely will add Fritos into my food when possible. Haha.

frito

Neato Frito Overstuffed Burritos
Foodie With Family via Pinterest

1 large flour tortilla
1/4 cup refried beans
1/4-1/3 cup hot rice
1/3-1/2 cup hot pulled pork
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar or Pepper jack cheese
2 tablespoons guacamole
1/4 cup pico de gallo
1 tablespoon Ranch dressing
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1/4-1/3 cup Fritos corn chips


Spread the refried beans in a strip that is about 2 inches wide and stops within 2-inches of either end of the tortilla. Next, spoon on the rice, then the pork, and follow it with the cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, Ranch dressing, and barbecue sauce. Finish by lightly crushing the Fritos and scattering them over the other toppings. Fold the side of the tortilla closest to you over the fillings, using the tortilla to pull the fillings back in and tighten them up. Fold both ends in over the center, then continue rolling the burrito until it is completely rolled up.

Wrap a sheet of aluminum foil tightly around the burrito to help keep it closed. Serve with additional pico de gallo, Ranch dressing, and barbecue sauce.

Yield: 1 burrito

No comments: