Monday, February 02, 2015

Cupcake Pudding Shooters

I made a batch of this for our Super Bowl party. I didn't bother making the chocolate bowls because that's just way too much effort. Instead, I mixed up the pudding and poured it into tiny plastic shot glasses. Then I topped them with sprinkles and chilled them in a pan for a little bit. People ate it with spoons. This was fine.

I didn't have the white chocolate liqueur, which I realized mid-recipe. I made up for this by adding more of the cake vodka. This may or may not have been the right move. It was VERY strong. It was also very thin. It was so liquidy at first, but once I chilled it for a few hours it set up a little more. I don't know if it would have been different with the chocolate liqueur. If you try it, let me know.

Anyway, like I said - VERY STRONG. But very good! They were all gone by the end of the night. I still wouldn't bother with the chocolate shells if I made these again. I got about 2 dozen little shot glasses out of this plus some extra left over in a bowl that I was too lazy to dish out. Probably this makes around 30 shots, I'd guess.

shots
{I'm sorry this is terrible quality. I'd already eaten a few.}

Cupcake Pudding Shooters
Endless Simmer

6 ounces chocolate, melted (optional - if making chocolate bowls)
1 3.9-ounce box instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup milk, very cold
1/2 cup Pinnacle Cake Vodka
1/3 cup Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
1 tablespoon nonpareil sprinkles

To make chocolate shells: Melt chocolate. Using a small paint brush, cover the walls of silicone bowl forms and chill for 5 minutes. Remove and apply a second coat and chill once more. The chocolate cups can be made 3 days in advance and kept at room temperature or stored in the refrigerator.

To make the pudding: Place pudding mix and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add in Pinnacle Cake Vodka and Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur and vigorously whisk to combine. Fold in Cool Whip until no streaks remain.

To assemble: Fill a pastry bag with pudding mix and fit with preferred tip. Pipe into chocolate shells.

Top with sprinkles.

No comments: