Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Butterscotch Pudding Cookies

I hoarded butterscotch pudding mix last year for some reason when it went on sale and I haven't used it at all, so for Cookie Monday I decided to bust open a box of it. Halfway through making this recipe, I realized I didn't have any butterscotch chips, so I had to rely on the cookie itself for the butterscotch taste. The oats and pretzels added a nice consistency, and I added some extra chocolate chips and cinnamon for flavor. They crisped up pretty quickly, and one batch burned on the bottom, but it turns out that people do like crispy and/or burned cookies sometimes. If you want them softer, bake them for only 7-8 minutes. I wouldn't make these again but it was nice, quick, and convenient, and that was good enough this week.

pudding

Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
I Heart Naptime

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup quick oats
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3.4 ounce box butterscotch pudding mix
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.

Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly mix into the butter mixture. Stir in the chips and pretzels by hand.

Drop by small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in a sealed container.

Yield: 4 dozen

No comments: