Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cookie Monday: Cookie Butter Cloud Cookies

It's Saturday and I'm just now posting Monday's cookie. I'm sorry.

BUT THAT MEANS THERE WAS A COOKIE ON MONDAY. See where this is going?

Cookie Monday is back! -Ish! It's mostly back! I'm going to try really hard!

So I'm in love with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter and recently did a Pinterest search to see what else can be done with it, besides just dipping cookies or a spoon into it. Cookie Butter, which is also sold in grocery stores as Biscoff, is like peanut butter, but instead of peanuts it's ground-up speculoos cookies. It's amazing. I love it more than Nutella.

Pinterest informed me that a bajillion different other kinds of cookies and foods can be made with cookie butter, so I've collected all of them. This simple cookie seemed like the place to start.

Well, I hated them. I made that known and my coworkers disagreed with me, but personally I felt these were not "cloud"-y at all. They were very, very dense. I kept thinking I had left an ingredient out but I hadn't. I also thought they didn't taste so much like cookie butter. It was like a very subtle, dense snickerdoodle. So. Mixed feelings about these ones. I'll do better this week!

cookies

Biscoff Cloud Cookies
The Biscoff Cookie and Spread Cookbook via Cookies & Cups

1/2 cup butter -- room temperature
1/3 cup creamy Biscoff Spread (or TJs Cookie Butter)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350°

Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter, Biscoff Spread and both sugars about 2 minutes.

Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.

With mixer still running add in salt, cornstarch and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.

Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until dough comes together.

Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Dough won't spread really at all.

Bake for 8 minutes until edges just begin to become golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Yield: 2 dozen

1 comment:

Justine Levine said...

Happy Cookie Monday! I am in love with Speculoos butter too, to I'll look forward to seeing your next attempt. :)