Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving #1

I think this year we finally embraced the fact that the holidays are terrible. I lack motivation to cook, and my family recently had the tragedy of putting one of our dogs down (Ramone, the chihuahua). Thanksgiving sucks. So my gentleman and I are not "celebrating" today. We will drink beer and watch football. I did make onion dip to eat while watching the parade, because some things can't be changed, but that's the extent of it.

But! This past weekend we went up to visit my family and had our traditional dinner. The only thing I contributed was a batch of Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies at Erica's request. I've made those a bunch of times before and they were delicious as usual. We ate some food, it was good, and then the dog had a stroke. Bah-bah-baaaah.

food
{Here is my plate.}

Sorry this isn't an uplifting post. We're doing Second Thanksgiving at my gentleman's family's house on Sunday so perhaps I will have more to report at that time.

No comments: