Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oh Hello There - Jalapeno Popper Dip

To answer the question my friend Denise has asked me a million times since August, no, I really haven't made anything recipe-ish since then. Nothing. I haven't cooked. You don't need to know how many bagels or packets of ramen I have eaten. I did go on a cruise at the beginning of the month but I barely took pictures of the food. I know. This is shocking.

BUT! Last weekend my jalapeno plant went crazy and I had a million jalapenos and Anaheim peppers that I needed to find a use for. I combined them all into this Jalapeno Popper Dip I made a few years ago, completely omitting the pickled jalapenos. And you know what? It's WAY better with fresh peppers. The pickled jalapenos only added an acidity and liquidized the dip a little bit, in a unpleasant way. I really liked it a lot better this time around.

We originally started eating it with tortilla chips, because that is convenient while watching football. I used some pretzels at one point, and that wasn't as great. But the real winning use of this is: I used it as a bagel spread. Oh my goodness. It's lovely. I added some sliced tomatoes (that I also grew!!) on top and it was wonderful.

So! Make the jalapeno dip, but make it without pickled jalapenos. Ok?

And as a side note: I'm currently on hiatus from Cookie Monday. I'm just too tired to do it right now. Maybe later on in the winter.

No comments: