Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Spicy Sriracha Grilled Tofu

The other day we wanted to grill, so I found this recipe for grilled tofu to try and got the tofu marinating. But then it started raining so my gentleman made his own dinner and I grilled my tofu on my little Le Creuset grill pan. It's been so long since I busted this beauty out. Maybe I didn't marinate the tofu long enough, but it didn't absorb much of the sauce and wasn't as spicy as I would have preferred. I had it with some rice and broccoli, and it was tasty, just not spicy. I'd like to try this again on the actual outdoor grill sometime to see how it differs.

tofu

Spicy Sriracha Grilled Tofu
Tablespoon via Pinterest

1 cup Sriracha
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
12 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes

In a medium bowl, combine sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper and ginger. Whisk until combined.

Carefully stir a few pieces of tofu into the sauce mixture to coat, then thread tofu onto skewers and set aside. Repeat with remaining tofu and sauce. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours. (Reserve extra marinade for grilling.)

Heat grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook skewers for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until seared and cooked through, brushing with extra sauce while cooking if desired. Serve warm.

No comments: