Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Curried Lentil Soup

I felt inspired to cook the other night because it was -1*F outside and I was cold. I wanted something comforting, and I've had supplies to make this for awhile but never got around to it. So, I made the Curried Lentil Soup I made a few years ago to mimic a soup I had and loved on a vacation in Stockholm.

This was my dinner:

curry

Here is what I did differently:
*I omitted the carrot because, honestly, I couldn't be bothered with that.
*I used some canned, cooked lentils from Trader Joe's, which reduced the cooking time by about a thousand minutes.
*I added the diced, cooked potatoes just like I did the first time. This was important because it's what made the curry the same as the one in Sweden.
*I kept some of the chickpeas whole and added those into the soup as well.
*I topped it with a little bit of plain Greek yogurt.

These were some very good ideas for changes and I was very happy with the results. Yum!

No comments: