Monday, February 24, 2014

Mrs Baxton's Long Island Iced Tea

For my gentleman's surprise party, I rented a limo and we all stocked it with beer. I also know that he really likes Long Island Iced Teas, which are excellent because they are full of liquor but don't taste too boozy. I did a search for the best recipe and then multiplied it by 10. I then took some regular water bottles, emptied them out, and funneled in all the ingredients to make 10 individual Long Islands. Closed up the bottle, shook 'em up, refrigerated til it was time for the party.

They turned out perfectly! I'm usually terrible at mixed drinks! I never even bothered to post about the time I made chocolate pudding shots because they were so bad. So this was pretty magical. They were consumed and enjoyed, and I have no photos of them.

Mrs Baxton's Long Island Iced Tea
AllRecipes

1 fluid ounce vodka
1 fluid ounce gold tequila
1 fluid ounce rum
1 fluid ounce gin
1 fluid ounce Cointreau or triple sec
5 fluid ounces sweet and sour mix
2 fluid ounces cola
1 lime wedge

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; pour in vodka, tequila, rum, gin, Cointreau, and sweet and sour mix. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker is frosty. Place a few cubes of ice into a highball glass, and strain in the iced tea. Top with the cola, and garnish with a wedge of lime.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I don't think I've ever had a long island iced tea.
I should remedy that.