Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Monster Cookie Dough Dip

Guys, I'm striking out here with all these eggless "cookie dough" dips from Pinterest. Everyone raves about them. There isn't a blog around that doesn't feature one dip or another. But I tried the Funfetti Cake Batter Dip a few months ago and it was just okay. And then this one was just terrible. Just. Terrible.

The biggest problem here is that I don't know WHY it was so terrible. I didn't even take it out of the refrigerator for our Super Bowl party. I just left it in there. I made my gentleman and the first few guests poke at it with pretzels to see if it was just me or if it really was just mediocre. Myself and one other person hated it, my gentleman and another guest felt it was 'just okay' but didn't hate it. I don't get it. The texture? The cream cheese tanginess? The fact that it did not taste like monster cookies?

I'd like to say I'm done making these dips but you know I'll try another recipe eventually anyway. I always do.

I didn't take a picture since it never left the refrigerator, so instead, here is a picture of the bowl of Skittles I decorated with Marshawn Lynch:

skittles

Monster Cookie Dough Dip
The Girl Who Ate Everything via Pinterest

8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup plain M&Ms
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until smooth.

Add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour, and vanilla.

Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer or just a wooden spoon, mix in the oats. Add the M&Ms and chocolate chips.

Store in the refrigerator until serving. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, or apple slices. You can dip or spread this depending on how thick you made your dip.

Note: You can use more or less oats to adjust the thickness of your dip. Start with about 1 1/2 cups oats and keep adding until you reach your desired thickness. If you use quick oats you might use less since it's finer and will make the dough thicker.

No comments: