Monday, January 27, 2014

Cookie Monday: White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

I wanted to branch out and try something different this week for Cookie Monday so I went with this cookie, which has a little swirl of raspberry throughout it. It's supposedly a 'copycat' recipe for a cookie served at Disneyland but I have no way to compare the two so I don't know how accurate this is.

The process of making these was a little bit rough. First of all, my beloved beater blade/spatula snapped in half just as the dough finished. I mourn the loss, even though I have already ordered a replacement. It lasted a really long time. (YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. It's the most genius Kitchenaid attachment EVER.) Then, the dough was so dry and crumbly that I almost thought it was unusable. I used it anyway though and just did a lot of smushing together. I don't know why this happened, since the recipe talks about using a melon baller to scoop the dough and there is NO WAY I would have been able to scoop this powdery mess. It looked nothing like the photos on the original post. I read the comments on the original blog and it seems a lot of people had the same issue as me.

But! I doubled the recipe and got about 4 dozen cookies. I came home with none! They were an interesting and unique little cookie for a Monday.

***I didn't have a chance to take a picture and now they're all gone***
:(

Disneyland’s White Chocolate Raspberry Cookie
My Baker Lady via Pinterest

2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
4 tablespoons raspberry jam
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Cream the butter & sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg/yolk, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add white & semi-sweet chocolate chips.

2. Scoop out about 1/4 of the dough into a smaller bowl. Add about 1 tablespoon of jam and cut it in using a butter knife. Be careful not to MIX it, or your dough will turn pink. You want more of a swirl.

3. Take the jam swirled dough and scoop by spoonfuls using a large melon baller or ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula and place in a 350° oven for 12-17 minutes. Your bake time may be less depending on the size of cookie you make. To make them big and bakery sized, they take a little longer. Take them out when the edges are set but the center is still puffy and soft. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until all the dough is used.

Yield: About 2 dozen

No comments: