Sunday, October 20, 2013

Greek Pasta with Shrimp

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I made a recipe.

Like, I had an idea of what I wanted to make for dinner, but I couldn't find a recipe that quite fit it, so I made one myself.

It was delicious. It also reheated really well (minus the shrimp - eat all of those asap).

I loosely based this on Spanish Shrimp with Garlic and on this greek pasta recipe from Pinterest. But then I just sort of went with what I had in the pantry.

I felt like it should be served with pita bread but all I had was frozen garlic naan so I brushed it with some olive oil and sprinkled oregano on top. Worked perfectly.

Sorry this is all in approximations and is poorly-written. I've never made anything up before.

pasta

Greek Pasta with Shrimp
By me!

Shrimp
Olive or grapeseed oil
10-12 frozen shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails off, thawed
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 bay leaf
Oregano

Pasta
3/4 pound rotini or other pasta
2 roasted red peppers, chopped (or fresh? Mine were from a jar)
1/4 cup olive tapenade
1/2 cup chopped red onion
15 oz can chickpeas
1 cup feta cheese
Salt & pepper, to taste

Dressing
You could use a Greek salad dressing. Or!
2 tablespoons Greek seasoning (I use Penzeys)
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil

To make the shrimp: Heat up the oil in the pan. Throw in the bay leaf and the garlic for about 30 seconds, then add the shrimp. Let them cook about 4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with oregano. Be careful not to burn the garlic.

To make the pasta: Cook the pasta as directed. Rinse and drain. Then throw all the other ingredients into the pot with the pasta and stir it up.

To make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together, or pour the dressing out of the bottle over the pasta.

Top the pasta with shrimp and garlic. Ta-da!

No comments: