Thursday, October 03, 2013

Cookie Monday: Loaded Oatmeal Cookies

I actually had a different idea in mind for Cookie Monday this week, but the desire to stay in my pajamas and work with the ingredients I already had in my home won out over the desire to go to the grocery store to get what I'd need. I had everything for this recipe except for the Mini Reese's Cups. To make up for it, I used 3/4 cup peanut butter chips and 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips. I think it worked out just fine. You can do whatever you want if you make these. The cookies are very soft and crumble really easily, so be aware of that. A lot of them stuck together in my cookie box when I took them to work. They were really good, though!

oatmeal

Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
From Better Homes & Gardens

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup Reese's Pieces
1 cup mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups -- (about 15)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large mixing bowl beat peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, the oats, peanut butter pieces, and peanut butter cups.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.

Yield: 60 cookies

No comments: