Sunday, September 08, 2013

Weekend Cooking

I have off from work tomorrow, so I have another week without a Cookie Monday. But! I've still been very busy in the kitchen making things.

*Last night I made vegetarian Banh Mis and I was just so happy. I haven't made that in forever.

*Today we had people over so we grilled burgers and vegetables and I made Crash Hot Potatoes and Cinnamon-Apple Cake. I don't know what kind of apple I used in this cake because it was an unfamiliar variety that I took a gamble on, but it is so juicy and appley and baked so well. Love.

*We also went to the Trapp Door for Bloody Marys, mimosas, and brunch this morning and vowed that it should be a weekly occurrence (it won't be, but it was so yummy!). I had eggs florentine and a bloody mary, and my gentleman got a mimosa, a glass of Weyerbacher Eighteen, and a German banana-bacon puff pancake. Excellent.

No comments: