Monday, July 22, 2013

Cookie Monday: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies

First I will discuss dinner. Last night I made Two Potato & Beet Hash with Poached Eggs for dinner and it was wonderful. I made an extra-huge batch of the potatoes and beets so I would have something delicious to eat the rest of this week. My gentleman has made the switch to overnight shift and as a result does not cook for me as much :( (Wah wah poor Lauren.) I've lapsed in cooking for myself again but felt strongly that by making this, I would eat delicious dinners for the next few nights. But then I woke up and found out that my gentleman had, in fact, eaten all of it while I slept. All of the food. I'm glad he enjoyed it, particularly since he thought it looked scary at first, but now I'm SOL with dinner tonight. Canned ravioli?

In Cookie Monday news, I made cookies.

My decision of which cookie to make was influenced solely by my friend A. I was putting together a little care package for her, and, as she lives far away, I thought I should find a cookie recipe that I could also mail to her (in addition to bringing to work). After discussing at length the types of cookies she likes, I decided I needed to find a chocolate pudding cookie recipe. I found this one from Inside BruCrew Life, but decided to substitute peanut butter chips for the Reese's Pieces.

Oh my goodness! They are delicious. Chocolate pudding mix makes for an excellent cookie. Remember when I made the Butterfinger cookies and said that they had a solid chocolate cookie recipe as a base? No. This one trumps it for sure. I really liked these and they would be very versatile with other add-ins besides the peanut butter chips. Everyone at work liked them. I hope they mail well to A!

No picture because they look like cornpoop :( :( :(

Chocolate Reese's Pudding Cookies
Inside BruCrewLife

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 box instant Hershey's chocolate pudding mix (3.5 oz)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces (Lauren's note: or peanut butter chips!)
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla and beat again. Sift together the pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the creamed mixture beating on low until everything is combined. Stir in the Reese's and chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.

Roll the dough into 1 1/2 - 2 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375* for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack or wax paper. Let cool. Store in a sealed container on the counter for 4-5 days.

Yield: 4-5 dozen cookies

1 comment:

Anika said...

I'm so excited!!! Thank you!!