Thursday, May 02, 2013

Grilled Foods

Today was a lovely day. The weather was lovely. It was the type of day where you just feel like you need to grill something. If you've known me for any length of time, you will know that I have a grill but no idea how to use it. My ex husband used it, but I never did. I don't know how to hook it up, how long to cook things, etc. It's all new to me.

So my gentleman and I cleaned it up (it hasn't been used in 2 years and has been through three snowstorms and a hurricane), I hit the farmer's market, and we grilled.

dinner

It's super simple stuff: grilled salmon, squash, and zucchini (all just with olive oil, salt, and pepper), and some basmati rice. I got a shish kebab at the market for my gentleman so he could have his beef, so that was good for him.

It was a lot of fun, and now I know how to use my grill. I also now know how to grill salmon. I'm really excited to have learned something new with cooking. It makes me feel like I want to make more things instead of just cookies.

(Side note: Last night I made this salad and my most favorite recipe ever for Paula Deen's Banana Pudding with girlscout trefoil cookies instead of the Chessmen!)

So what I'm hoping is that this newfound cooking method will inspire me to cook more. I really hope so. I'm still waiting for that push to start cooking like I used to do.

No comments: