Monday, April 29, 2013

Oreo Pudding Cookies

Usually by Sunday, I know what I'll be making for Cookie Monday. This week, all I knew was that I wanted to do something with Oreos. Not a cookie stuffed with Oreos, but a cookie made of Oreos. I searched on Pinterest until I found exactly what I wanted: a Cookies & Cream cookie made with instant pudding mix.

As I learned from the Reese's Pieces cookies last year, pudding mix gives cookies an excellent, wonderful texture. Finding this one with pudding mix made exactly the type of cookie I wanted. In order for it to taste right, you do NEED to use the Cookies & Cream flavor of pudding mix. Don't crap out and use vanilla. Get the Oreo kind.

Personally, I think these are my favorites I've made so far. I love their texture and I love that they taste like cookies & cream ice cream. I would definitely make these again!

pudding

Oreo Pudding Cookies
From Chef In Training via Pinterest

1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (4.2 oz) package instant Oreo Cookies n’ Creme pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour
14 Oreos, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir together flour and baking soda and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add in pudding package and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Stir in crushed Oreos. Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.

Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies (depending on how big you make them)

No comments: