Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week in Review

The more time my gentleman spends at my house, the more food I am making sure to keep here. It is apparently easier for me to remember to take care of myself when doing so also involves caring for others. He likes to cook, too, so he'll come over after work and make an omelette or pasta or whatever. Nothing fancy, but good. Better than my sour patch kids, that's for sure.

What did *I* make this week besides cookies? I did make some Couscous with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Edamame, one of my favorites. I had some really great feta that I used. It was an impromptu decision so I didn't have everything on-hand. I didn't have chickpeas so I used some canned navy beans, and I didn't have green onions so I just left those out. Yes, I had frozen edamame. I'm so weird. So that worked well because I could eat it over a few different days.

I have grapes and yogurt in my refrigerator, in terms of healthy things. I have celery too but I'm pretty sure its time has come. I will go to the store tomorrow and buy more produce.

And I did remember to eat dinner every day. Even at bowling on Wednesday! AND on Friday we had Cali Burrito, which is just my favorite in the whole Valley.

I won't have Cookie Monday this week because I'm off on Monday, but I may attempt to make something different depending on my mood... I also am planning on making at least two dinners this week. Like really making dinner, not just reheating something or letting the gentleman do it. I will make dinner. That is my goal this week.

No comments: