Monday, February 18, 2013

Cookie Monday: White Chocolate-Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies

My computer is working again, so I finally can access my recipes again! Hooray! This week for Cookie Monday I picked another recipe off of Pinterest that looked tasty. It is a pretty basic sugar cookie that has crushed-up pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in it, along with some white chocolate chips. You can easily omit the white chocolate chips if you don't like white chocolate. It's still good.

As for the Cinnamon Toast Crunch aspect of the cookie: everyone loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Robert Pattinson talks about it in interviews when he's dodging actual questions:

rpatz

In reading the reviews on the original post, I'd seen that people had the problem of having chewy cereal pieces after baking. I thought I'd crushed up the cereal enough, but I was wrong. I personally felt that the texture was off, because the pieces of cereal were chewier than I'd hoped they would be. No one else seemed to care, though. I asked a few people what their opinion was of the texture and no one had any complaints. I think I am perhaps my biggest critic. I did double the recipe and got about 80 cookies. And I discovered two new departments to deliver cookies to on my way out of the building at the end of the day. Hooray!

cookie

White Chocolate-Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies
From Picky Palate

2 sticks softened butter
1 Cup packed brown sugar
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon real vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 Cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, slightly crushed up
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.

In a large bowl combine the flour, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the white chips until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough and place onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown.

Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Yield: 3 dozen

No comments: