Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cookie Monday: Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

A couple of weeks ago I told you about the great oatmeal-raisin fight of 2013 that occurred on my Facebook. I avoided this entirely by making brownie cookies that week. But then this past weekend, it was snowy outside and I was tired and didn't feel like going out to buy cookie ingredients, so I baked with what I already had. Which consisted of oats. And chocolate chips. I decided to venture into the oatmeal cookie arena but with a generally-accepted chocolate chip, versus plain or raisin.

This recipe is pretty solid and made delicious cookies with a nice texture. I did leave out the nuts, and I used three different kinds of chocolate (chunks, chips, and mini-chips). I doubled the recipe and got 100 cookies. It was excellent. No one complained. It was a happy time indeed!

cookies

Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Betty Crocker


1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

Yield: 42 cookies

2 comments:

jhl said...

why am I not your next door neighbor? *sigh*

Denise said...

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favorite of all the cookies.