Monday, January 14, 2013

Cookie Monday: Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

For Cookie Monday, I made Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.

cc

When I originally made these cookies, they were amazing but I vowed never to make them again. I filed them in my Living Cookbook in the folder "Legendary But Never Again." Cookies the size of softballs! Obscene. But Denise commented on that post, a few years ago, and suggested using mini Oreos. A brilliant idea.

So my friend Jeff got to pick the cookie this week, and he picked these. At first I was reluctant because six dozen softball-sized cookies were basically going to ruin my life. But then I remembered the mini Oreos. While still time-consuming, I made one batch of these cookies and used the mini Oreos, along with mini chocolate chips. I managed to get four dozen out of just one batch, which is fantastic. While I ran out of cookies in the afternoon, at least I got to feed everyone these. Everyone said they liked them! And really, what's not to love about them?

1 comment:

caitx0r said...

I love it! I made the originals and they turned out far too dry for my tastes, so I am going to experiment. I tried a new butter, which I think was part to blame. It was much less creamy and as a result, I think the cookie dough was too dry.

I want to experiment with other things I can cover with chocolate chip cookie dough.