Monday, October 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookies

Working in healthcare, I have discovered the following fact: people work better when they are happy. And cookies are one of the easiest ways to make someone happy (for the most part). The past few weeks I've brought in a lot of goodies, which not only is fun for the people who eat them but also gives me a reason to bake the hell out of my kitchen. Cooking is one of my favorite things in the world! But what am I going to do with 4 dozen cookies?

Take them to work. Obviously. And thus I've decreed that Mondays are now Cookie Mondays.

So for today's cookie, I did a little poll on Facebook and determined that something peanut buttery would be a good idea. These cookies have shown up on Pinterest a bunch of times and seemed intriguing. Plus, the cookie batter involved pudding mix, which I've never used before. Might as well try!

So I increased the recipe, made a bazillion cookies, and brought them into work. As usual, I came home with zero. They got a very good response. I'm super happy.

Of note with this recipe: the original called for dried banana chips to be thrown into the batter, which sounds disgusting and totally unappealing. I left those out. I used sugar-free vanilla pudding mix, because really you don't need more sugar. Also, make sure that your cookies are in some sort of round shape when you bake them because they do NOT spread and just sort of stay in whatever weird lumpy ball you've created on the pan. Anyway: I loved these. Everyone else seemed to love these. Definitely hanging on to this recipe!

cookies

Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookies
Adapted from BruCrewLife and Pinterest

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Reese's Pieces

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and honey and beat again. Slowly add the dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips, and Reese's Pieces by hand.

Drop by tablespoon onto a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 3-4 minutes, then remove to a wire rack. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes about 36 cookies.

No comments: