Saturday, September 01, 2012

Catching Up

OK, you guys. I went through 1800 posts, changing links to all of the photos. It was tedious and stupid and took almost a week. But it was kind of interesting because I had to travel through seven years of recipes, all the way back to the very first day, when my first post was just a list of crappy food I'd eaten throughout the day in an attempt to log the food I was eating and figure out how to eat healthier. I started posting recipes a few days later and it just snowballed from there.

I am also always shocked at my evolution as a cook. It makes sense that, as a college student, my cooking in 2005 was Not Awesome. I was learning, living on my own for the first time, and didn't really know what I was doing. I'm thrilled that at 28 I now feel somewhat accomplished as a cook. I still don't know how to cook things without recipes, but with a recipe there's not a whole lot I can't do.

Anyway. Over the past week I only cooked a couple things. I made a huge batch of Wheat Berry & Barley Salad with Smoked Mozzarella using fresh corn, cherry tomatoes from the farmer's market, and smoked mozzarella from the Amish market. My goal was to take it all week for lunches. I did not do that. It was a hectic week and I just didn't feel like eating much. I still have most of it in my refrigerator. Oops!

I also made my most-favorite Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Spicy Feta Salad. Something else I noticed on my blog is that I go through periods of repeating a small number of recipes over and over and then never make them again. I hope I continue to make this sweet potato recipe. I just love it so much!

No comments: