Friday, June 15, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

On Tuesday, my women's group had a wine & appetizer gathering. I couldn't decide what to make, but everyone likes cheese so I picked this dip to try. It took about 10 minutes to make from start to finish. I took it to the party with some garlic crostini, and I came home with exactly one bite left. I was afraid it would be too spicy but everyone said it was really good! I'm very happy! It didn't remind me of jalapeno poppers, but I still really liked it. I would make this again for parties.

dip

Jalapeno Popper Dip
Closet Cooking

1 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano
1 4 ounce can sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano-Reggiano

1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.

2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.

3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.

No comments: