Saturday, June 02, 2012

Clinton Station Diner

I have lived in Pennsylvania for three years (longest I've lived anywhere, ever!) and every time I drive to my parents' house in Connecticut, I pass the Clinton Station Diner off of I-78. It has been on the Food Network, the History Channel, and a bajillion other places. It is famous for two things: there is a traincar built into it, and they have this on the menu:

omg
{Oh my gosh}

Erica is gearing up to move to Florida next week, so we decided that this is something that must happen before she leaves. And thus, we drove out there tonight for dinner. It only took about 15 minutes, and although the line was pouring out the front door when we arrived, it was only a 10 minute wait. We loved them already. But then they gave us our table, which was in the traincar, and I was the happiest person ever.

cute
{Erica & Marc}

Tons of food was eaten. Tons. The highlight certainly was when we ordered three different desserts and ate all three of them.

dessert
{I am eating both a chocolate-covered cookie AND a forkful of oreo cheesecake. So sexy.}

I'm so happy we finally got to eat there, and I'm so glad we got to do it before Erica leaves. Fun times were had by all, and now when I pass it on my drive up to my parents, I can smile and think, "Hey. I ate there."

1 comment:

jhl said...

I LOVE the Clinton Station Diner! And so does my son, who idolizes trains. :)

I would totally meet you there for dessert one day, for the hell of it. Name a day!