Friday, April 27, 2012

Beechwood Cafe

I know I have been MIA for the past two weeks, but I had a good reason: I was on vacation! Not for a wedding or for a funeral, but purely for fun! That never happens! I had two stops: Medford, OR, and the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, CA. I will post about both of those places in due time, but first I will tell you about the brunch I had the day before I left for my trip. Where was this magical place with delicious brunch?

Jersey.

My deeply adored friends were moving (and now have moved) from Jersey City to the other side of the country, so Erica & I met up with them for brunch. We went to Beechwood Cafe in downtown Jersey City. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros, which was basically a huge bowl of tortilla chips, guacamole, chili sauce, green onions, sour cream, salsa, and fried eggs. It was AMAZING. Erica got waffles because we had been watching a lot of Parks & Rec, and the character Leslie eats a lot of Belgian waffles. They were delicious too!

jersey
{Huevos Rancheros}

I don't really have a reason to go back to Jersey City, but it's really close to the Statue of Liberty (so close, in fact, that Erica and I randomly made a detour to go visit Lady Liberty) so if I were ever to take friends or family to do that, I'd probably try to make them eat brunch at this restaurant, too. Delicious! We will miss you, Katie & Bryant!

jersey
{Me, Katie, & Erica}

No comments: