Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Meet Erica

The internet is good for many things. Finding recipes, for example. Learning new cooking techniques on YouTube. Finding bizarre cupcake decorating ideas and unicorn poop on Pinterest. And, most important of all, making new friends. Once upon a time, almost 10 years ago, I met my friend Erica online through a different blogging site. We have been very close friends ever since then, despite the fact that she lived in Ohio and I lived, well, everywhere else. She recently decided to move to the East Coast and decided to make her home here in PA as well. It's an hour from NYC, an hour from Philly, and I think I've covered how many amazing food festivals occur here. It's a fun place to live, and hopefully a good place for her to begin the next chapter in her life.

So it's important that you get to know Erica. I'm still primarily cooking for myself, but she'll definitely be my partner in crime here. If she ever does eat anything or have any input, I'll let you know. This woman is one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met and I'm not about to try to change that, but it means that you can trust that if she likes something, it's worth making again.

Now I'm going to interview her.
chopsticks
{Erica learning to use chopsticks at Imperial Garden for Chinese food}

What is your favorite food of all time?
Guacamole! I will eat it with anything!

What is your least favorite food?
Mushrooms of any type.. or fish. it is a tie.

What food do you want to try someday?
Avocado sushi

What food are you afraid to try?
Sushi, but I am determined to overcome this.

Describe the food culture of Cincinnati.
It is not very exciting. We are most famous for our chili, which is special because it is made out of cinnamon and cocoa and it is usually served either on a hot dog with onions and cheese or on a pile of spaghetti with cheese.

In one week, have you noticed any food-related differences between Ohio and PA?
There are sushi restaurants EVERYWHERE here.

If you could go to a festival dedicated to one particular food (and there probably is one here), what would it be?
The almighty avocado

Describe the best meal you've ever eaten.
It was at the top of the CN tower in Canada. It was a huge waffle with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce and a chocolate bar and strawberries and blackberries .... it was just wonderful.

1 comment:

jhl said...

seriously? You're near Easton? I'm in Flemington. I could be there in half an hour. :)