Friday, March 16, 2012

Brown Butter Soda Bread

My unit at work had a little St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at lunch, and my assigned contribution was "bread." Naturally, to me, that meant I needed to make Irish soda bread. I've tried other variations before, and I really don't love the regular soda bread with the raisins in it so I've never even bothered making that kind, but I always end up coming back to my Brown Butter Soda Bread recipe that I first tried six years ago. I made two huge loaves of it, which went really well with the soups people brought in. I think sometimes people are nervous about making bread, but this is just a mix-and-bake bread. There's a little bit of kneading but not much, and there isn't any yeast. I love this bread. You still have time to try it before St. Patrick's Day!!

sodabread

No comments: