Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Single-Serve Coffee Cake

One of my new favorite places to find recipes is on Pinterest. If you're not on there, that's probably okay, but there are a lot of great recipes posted. Lucky for you, I'll end up trying them and posting them here so you'll get them regardless.

Last night, I HAD to try this recipe I found on Pinterest: A Cup of Coffee Cake in Under Five Minutes. It was amazing. I was telling people about it all day long. My guess is I probably will make it a zillion more times just because it's SO EASY and SO GOOD. Summary: mix stuff up in a coffee mug, microwave. Done. Cake.

cake

Single-Serve Coffee Cake
Summarized from Prudentbaby.com

1. Put a tablespoon of butter in a coffee mug or cup. Microwave 10 seconds until soft but not melted.

2. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar, for about 30 seconds, until fluffy and creamy. Add in 1/2 an egg (more or less, as you choose) and stir it up. Add 2 tablespoons sour cream (yogurt is an acceptable substitute) and a drop or two of vanilla. Finally, stir in 1/4 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder.

3. Make the crumb topping by mixing 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl with your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb topping on cake in mug.

4. Microwave for 1 minute, then for ten-second increments thereafter until the cake is done to your liking. I did mine for 1 minute 30 seconds and it was perfect. Let cool, then eat.

Servings: 1

1 comment:

jhl said...

I love recipes like this. I have a soft spot for the chocolate version ... :)