Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Philadelphia Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake

While at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, I stocked up on stuff from Trader Joe's, since I do not have a TJ's near me in Pennsylvania. One of the items I picked up was my beloved Candy Cane Joe's O's, which are basically candy cane Oreos. They are SO GOOD. I thought they would be perfect in this recipe for a no-bake cheesecake for New Year's. In theory I was right, because the cookies were delicious. For some reason though, the "cheesecake" was off. I don't know what the problem was. Something about it just wasn't very good. A little too tangy, not sweet enough? That doesn't even make sense. I don't know. I have a bunch of these from the Kraft Foods website but I don't think I would make their no-bakes anymore. It was just kind of weird. Maybe I'd try one more just to be sure. I don't know.

cake

Philadelphia-Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake
Kraft Foods

Variation: Prepare as directed, using 1 pkg. (18 oz.) Golden Uh Oh! OREO Cookies or 1 pkg. (17 oz.) DOUBLE STUF OREO Cool Mint Creme Sandwich Cookies.

1 package OREO Cookies -- (1 lb. 2 oz.) divided
1/4 cup butter -- (1/2 stick) melted
4 packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese -- (8 oz. each) softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping -- (8 oz.) thawed

1. COARSELY chop 15 of the cookies; set aside. Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

2. BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and chopped cookies. Spoon over crust; cover.

3. REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Servings: 16

No comments: