Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pan-Steamed Broccoletti

This was a sample they were serving at Wegmans this past weekend. The recipe was on the bag of broccoletti (supposedly "baby broccoli." Whatever). It was so delicious that I bought a bag and have made this for myself a couple of times so far this week. I don't have anchovies but I can vouch that they did add a delicious taste, which I have replicated by just adding extra salt. This is really good.

broccolini

Pan-Steamed Broccoletti
Wegmans

Heat 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons chopped garlic, 1 anchovy fillet [if using] on MEDIUM-LOW. Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes until anchovy is dissolved. Raise heat to HIGH. Add sliced or whole broccoletti, 1/2 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt; stir. Bring to a simmer; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes or until water is evaporated. Season to taste with black pepper.

No comments: