Friday, January 13, 2012

Fearfully Fried Potatoes

I made some "breakfast for supper" earlier this week, solely from the Hunger Games Cookbook as I continue my way through it. I made these potatoes and a quiche-like tart.

I have to say, out of the 3 recipes I have tried, all 3 have been amazingly good. This cookbook is fantastic.

So this is a very basic hash brown recipe, and the thing that makes it amazing is really the castiron pan. If you have a well-seasoned pan, it will make it even more delicious. My potatoes were wonderful and tasted like they came from a diner. I was so happy! Yum yum yum. Would make again.

potatoes

Fearfully Fried Potatoes
The Hunger Games Cookbook, page 4

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
3 cups potatoes, peeled and boiled
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet. Saute onions until they are translucent. Add potatoes and cook until golden brown and warmed through.

2. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Servings: 3

No comments: