Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vermont Maple Syrup Muffins

I was really excited for these muffins because maple syrup is delicious, and I was really disappointed with these muffins because they were not at all what I was expecting. They looked and tasted like I had made them with Bisquick. In fact, they actually just tasted like a muffin-pancake. This is not necessarily a bad thing and probably would be great for a quick breakfast in the morning, but I was expecting something cakier and less biscuity. I wouldn't make these again.

muffin

Vermont Maple Syrup Muffins
Joy of Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup melted butter

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, syrup, and butter. Gradually pour this egg mixture into a well in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir quickly. Batter will be lumpy. Do not overbeat or muffins will be tough. Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 400F until brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.

Yield: 1 dozen

No comments: