Sunday, November 13, 2011

For Future Reference

First of all, I just got a tattoo on my right shoulder and my right (dominant) arm is killing me so my guess is I will be eating leftovers tonight. Hell no am I going to cut up butternut squash to make a very involved lasagna that I'd had planned. I'll go for something easy instead. Sorry.

I felt it was important though to post an addendum to yesterday's Ancho-Coffee Chili. I wanted to eat a hearty breakfast before going for the tattoo because otherwise I'd get light-headed and no one needs that. Feeling somewhat inspired, I warmed up the chili from last night, topped with a fried egg, and served myself with toast and coffee. It was The Best Breakfast. And I am about 99.9% certain it would be massively amazing after a night of heavy drinking. This automatically bumps the recipe from a "maybe" to a "make again." And this, my friends, is one of the reasons why I do the lunchbox test. Sometimes things work out better the next day.

No comments: