Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Is Here

For dinner tonight I made Autumn Wild Rice Rissoles, which I just love. They're seriously like little patties of Thanksgiving. They make me so happy.

I also have an enormous amount of acorn squash so I re-tried a recipe for Maple-Roasted Acorn Squash. We got this locally-made hickory syrup at the wine festival a few months ago and I thought it would be amazing in this recipe so I thought I'd try it out. I really had high expectations and even had the blog post planned out to talk about it. Turns out, the hickory flavor totally disappeared. It was just eh. Absolutely nothing special at all. Sad face.

Side note: It's so funny to look back at that post - I mean, shoot, that was 4 1/2 years ago - since I was still learning to cook. Mrs. Butterworths? Not in this house anymore! I'm way too much of a food snob now! Oh well. I'll embrace it. It also makes me want to re-try those cabbage bundles. Hmm.

Can I also tell you how much I love apple cider from Beechwood Orchards from the farmer's market? A lot. The answer is a lot. Did you know it mixes well with whiskey? It's a true statement.

No comments: