Sunday, August 07, 2011

Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Sauce

Woah, I went an entire week without updating? That was terrible. I need to update more. Instead, I am about to hit you with a barrage of recipes I made over the past week.

This fruit salad, I made as a side dish. It was alright. It wasn't anything special. I feel like with fruit salad I shouldn't need a recipe, but it was still interesting to try. I doubt I would make it again.

fruit

Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Sauce
Cooking Light, November 2004

You can prepare and refrigerate the yogurt sauce up to a day in advance. You can also combine and refrigerate the fruit mixture (except the banana) up to three hours ahead; stir in the banana just before serving to prevent discoloring.

1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
3 cups cubed pineapple -- (about 1 medium)
1 1/2 cups chopped Braeburn apple -- (about 1 large)
1 cup orange sections -- (about 2 oranges)
1 cup chopped peeled kiwi -- (about 2 large)
1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1 medium banana -- sliced
1/4 cup slivered almonds -- toasted

1. Combine yogurt, honey, and lime rind in a small bowl.

2. Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients (through coconut) in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, stir in banana. Top fruit mixture with yogurt sauce; sprinkle with almonds.

Servings: 6

No comments: