Every Saturday we go to Wegmans to get groceries, and we always go at the time they have all the samples. We get to eat samples in almost every area of the store! It's wonderful. Most of the time we don't buy what we've tried, but sometimes we do. One time they made these salmon sliders and I liked them so much that I decided to make them, too. It uses store-made salmon burgers, so it's not like I made them from scratch. But it's still a recipe so leave me alone.
Unfortunately, ours did not fare as well as the ones at the store which is weird since I used all the same ingredients - including the Asian bbq sauce! I was really disappointed. Boohoo.
Asian BBQ Salmon Sliders
1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tablespoon Wegmans Rice Vinegar (Grocery Dept)
2 packages (6 ct each) Salmon Sliders (Seafood Dept)
1/4 cup Wegmans Asian Style BBQ Sauce
4 leaves green leaf lettuce, torn into 3 pieces each
1 package (12 ct) Wegmans Slider Rolls
1. Toss cucumber, onion, and rice vinegar in large bowl. Chill, covered, until ready to serve, at least 30 min and up to 3 hours. Drain, discarding liquid.
2. When ready to serve: Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil. Place burgers on grill; reduce heat to MEDIUM.
3. Sear burgers on grill 2 min, until they have changed color about one-quarter of way up from bottom. Turn over; brush top of burgers with BBQ sauce. Sear 2-3 min. Turn again; brush with BBQ sauce and reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Close lid.
4. Cook 5-7 min, until internal temp reaches 165 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of burgers). Transfer to clean platter; set aside.
5. Arrange lettuce on slider rolls; top with burger. Top with onion-cucumber mixture; serve.