Monday, June 20, 2011

Corn & Zucchini Fritters

I've met such wonderful people through the internet. Truly, truly wonderful. One such lady is my Australian buddy Kate. She is a sweetpea who has been there for me through some very difficult times. She also has, joyously, shared with me this amazingly simple recipe for corn fritters. They are so freaking good. We had a huge zucchini from the farm this week, so I used that and it was great. I made some roasted broccoli to go with it. LOVE. We would definitely make this again.

fritters

Corn & Zucchini Fritters
from my friend Kate D.

1 zucchini, finely grated
1 large can corn kernels (or if you are feeling more motivated you can use fresh corn off the cob)
1 small purple onion, diced finely
1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
herbs (whatever you fancy..I put in coriander this time)
Oil for the pan

1. Put sifted flour, zucchini, onion, corn and beaten eggs into a bowl. Mix until well combined. Add salt and pepper and herbs to taste.

2. Heat oil in pan. Place spoonfuls of mixture in and cook each side until golden and cooked through.

3. I served with tomato relish and avocado. Enjoy!

No comments: